This website provides educational resources to help healthcare professionals recognise the early signs and symptoms of DMD, diagnose the condition and manage patients in clinical practice.
Here you will also find support materials and resources for your practice and for your patients.
What are neuromuscular disorders?
Learn more about neuromuscular disorders; a wide range of diseases that affect the voluntary muscles and the nerves that control them.5What are neuromuscular disorders?
What is Duchenne muscular dystrophy?
Learn more about DMD, a rare genetic neuromuscular disorder that causes progressive muscle damage and degeneration.3,4What is Duchenne muscular dystrophy?
What are the symptoms of
Duchenne muscular dystrophy?
Learn more about recognising the signs and symptoms of DMD early and the importance of the developmental milestone checklist.Duchenne muscular dystrophy symptoms
1. McDonald CM, et al. Muscle Nerve. 2013:48;343–356.
2. Goemans N, et al. Eur Neurol Rev. 2014:9;78–82.
3. van Ruiten HJ, et al. Arch Dis Child. 2014;99:1074–1077.
4. Birnkrant DJ, et al. Lancet Neurol. 2018:17;251–267.
5. Dowling JJ, et al. Am J Med Genet A. 2018;176:804–841.
© 2022 PTC Therapeutics.
GL-DMD-0706 | October 2022